TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowships in Advancement
CCAE & TD Insurance Meloche Monnex announce 5 more years of TDIMM Fellowships!
CCAE is deeply thankful to TD Insurance Meloche Monnex for its commitment to continue the Fellowship program for another five years. Read more about the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex and their proud long-standing relationship with CCAE here.
The TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowships in Advancement, created in 1998 and made possible by Meloche Monnex and TD Bank Financial Group, have evolved over the years to reflect the growing scope and sophistication of educational advancement in Canada.
TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowships in Advancement now provide exceptional opportunities each year for up to, two emerging professionals to gain practical experience in at least two major areas of advancement, including alumni relations, development, and marketing and communications.
The selection process for TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellows in Advancement involves an application by a CCAE member educational institution (university, college, independent school or cégep) with a robust Fellowship plan backed by the mentorship of senior advancement professionals, and a candidate of exceptional aptitude and energy for a bright future in advancement.
How to apply
2022 applications are open now, with an application deadline of December 16, 2021. All applicants will be advised of final selections by January 28, 2022.
To complete and submit the application simply download the 2022 CCAE TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowships in Advancement Application Package.pdf and follow the instructions. Note: Candidates must use the supplied application form, not a customized version.
Deadline for applications is December 16, 2021
For more information or questions contact:
President & CEO, CCAE
A TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowship in Advancement is tenable at any member institution: university, college, institute, polytechnic, independent school, or cégep, which is a member in good standing of CCAE and which is willing and able to assume the responsibilities of acting as a host training institution.
Up to, two Fellowships will be awarded annually, on merit, and will be allotted with due consideration given to geographic and linguistic diversity. The Fellowships may be held for a maximum of one year. Total value of each one-year Fellowship is established at $37,500. TD Insurance through CCAE will provide this amount to the selected member institution. Of this amount, $32,500 will be paid as a bursary to the Fellow. The Fellowship includes $5,000 that will be used by the institution to defray conference, travel and training costs for the Fellow. Additional funds provided to the Fellow are at the discretion of the host institution.
Candidates are required to attend two annual CCAE national conferences, at the beginning of the Fellowship year and at the end of the Fellowship year. The host institution is responsible for arranging for its Fellowship holder to attend these sessions and the conferences.
The host institution will ensure that the Fellowship holders submit two mid-term reports and one final report to CCAE.
- At the time of application, the candidate must be a Canadian citizen or have obtained permanent residency status in Canada.
- At the time the Fellowship is assumed, the Candidate must have completed all requirements for a diploma or degree from an accredited Canadian university, college or cégep within the past five years, (e.g. 2016-2021), and/or that is scheduled to graduate by Spring of 2022.
- The Candidate must not have held a full time, permanent position in institutional advancement prior to application (contract positions are acceptable).
- The Candidate agrees to submit to CCAE two mid-term reports (November and June) and a final report at the completion of the program.
- The Candidate agrees to attend 2 CCAE National Conferences: for the presentation of the Fellowship at the beginning of the term and for a report on the Fellowship at the end of the term.
- The Candidate will provide all information requested on the candidate section of the application located in the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowship in Advancement Package.
- The host institution agrees to host a Fellow for a twelve-month period, during which time the Fellow will rotate through at least two areas of institutional advancement (including alumni relations, development, communications, government relations, and student recruitment). These may include two specific areas within an advancement discipline – such as major gift fundraising and annual fundraising; social media programs for alumni and developing alumni events; publications creation and work with news media, etc.
- The host institution agrees to develop and submit an application with a detailed program outline of the assignments to be covered in the 12-month period. This outline will clearly articulate what the institution can and will provide to the Fellow and what it expects from the Fellow. The application should also include a professional development plan, two letters of reference and budget.
- The host institution agrees to appoint a senior staff member to oversee the Fellow’s training program and ensure appropriate implementation and follow-up.
- The host institution agrees to maintain ongoing contact with the Chair of the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowships in Advancement Selection Committee and to report on the progress of the Fellow’s program. The host institution will also ensure the Fellow submits two mid-term reports (November and June) as required to CCAE.
- The host institution agrees to provide the Fellow with relevant resource materials and a variety of professional development opportunities including attendance at two CCAE national conferences – one at the beginning and one at the end of the Fellowship term.
- The host institution will ensure the Candidate meets all criteria, in particular with respect to eligibility to work in Canada and educational requirements.
- The host institution will not submit an application for a Fellow if it has held a TD Insurance Fellow award in the year of, or the year immediately prior to, the current application.
- The institution will provide all information requested on the host institution section of the application located in the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowship in Advancement package.
The Selection Committee will be looking for qualities of intellect, character, aptitude and (to a lesser extent) relevant experience in candidates. The TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Fellowship in Advancement will be awarded to candidates whose personal qualifications and experience are judged to be those best suited to work in the field of educational advancement. Strong consideration will also be given to the host institution's proposed project and training program.
The Selection Committee will include at least five members: a Chair; one representative from the CCAE Board; a senior advancement professional from one of the previous host institutions; and two additional members selected from the membership of CCAE. A representative from TD will sit as an observer on this Committee.
After the initial screening of applicants, a short list of candidates may, at the discretion of the Committee, be interviewed prior to the final selection. Applicants will be advised of final selections by January 28, 2021, and the formal announcement made at the CCAE Annual General Meeting.
Procedures after Selection
All Fellowships begin no later than June 1. Postponements or advancements may be arranged in exceptional circumstances.
Should a Fellowship candidate withdraw from the program after having been selected, no substitution of candidate will be allowed.
The Selection Committee may select another institution and candidate from the original applications.