2014 CCAE National Conference
Advancement +5: Our Profession In The Next 5 Years
June 4 – 6, 2014
Shaw Conference Centre
Cast an Eye on Advancement’s Future
Policy uncertainties, budget constraints, and the need to demonstrate advancement return on investment are not new on the Canadian education landscape. These themes have resonated at each of CCAE’s 20 yearly National Conferences. As you grapple with today’s perennial challenges in education advancement, CCAE invites you to take a step back, cast an eye over the horizon, and join your peers in a bit of future-casting.
With the theme Advancement +5: Our Profession In The Next 5 Years, the 2014 CCAE National Conference asks big-picture questions and dares to predict some answers.
- What course will Canadian advancement career paths take in the next five years, and beyond?
- Can advancement help shape the fast-changing trends in all levels and types of education?
- How can we survive, thrive, and best serve education and our institutions?
2014 CCAE National Conference highlights:
- The conference is on three weekdays – Wednesday morning through Friday noon, June 4 – 6.
- Pre-Conference Workshop for New Professionals in Advancement on Tuesday, June 3.
- Opening Reception , hosted by University of Alberta President, Indira Samarasekera, on Tuesday evening, June 3.
- Opening Keynote Speaker David Foot on the inescapable demographics affecting every aspect of Canadian and global society, far into the future.
- Four series of 60-minute Professional Development Sessions provide innovative concepts and tools for all advancement disciplines.
- 90-minute Plenary Session on The President’s Perspective shines a light ahead from those leading our schools.
- Two sets of 45-minute Roundtable / Networking Sessions - ample opportunities to discuss issues and share best practices.
- Four 90-minute Big Ideas Panel Discussions on topics including:
- Innovative ways to connect alumni.
- The future of funding: self-funding, crowd-funding, social media campaigns
- Managing talent
- Closing Keynote Speaker Tim Caulfield , dynamic professor and author of The Cure for Everything.
Join your colleagues at Canada’s premier professional development event in education advancement.
Book your accommodation at one of two conference hotels.
Review the Schedule at a Glance .
Check out our Keynote Speakers.
There’s much more detail to come!